Short of words...
These few words (quite a few actually, tho' just in number) are dedicated to my friend Hari and express my search for a nice birthday gift for him when we were away on a sojurn to sheetal's place on her marriage. I just tried to pen down a few lines for my dear friend... Hope you get the time to read this, PoTTeR :) I want you to read it !!!!
Short of words...
It was your birthday and time for fun,
What better time to celebrate life in a sojourn
I wished to get a gift for you,
Or maybe a card to express my love.

I searched for a little something
Just to express what was on my mind.
There was nothing however, I could find
That captured it in the right spirit.
How could I expect of someone else
To convey, just what I’d like to say
I thought I did pen it down myself,
I never knew it would be all so hard.
I close my eyes and see a person I adore
U’ve been beautiful, right into your soul
The caring nature shared with all you know
How do I portray all the love I have known?
The gentle temperament and the sweet smiles,
Your comforting sentiments that went miles,
The twinkle in your eyes that someday lit me,
Your laughs have brought many a sparkles.
Your words to soothe the flurry in my mind,
The way your gestures lighten my moods.
All the things bygone come flashing to me,
It’s been a nice journey all through the years.
All the wonderful qualities that you show
Mere words cannot sketch the picture of you...
I struggle and search in vain for words
To capture all it is, that makes you.
I wish you see just what I feel,
Words I write can merely hope to express
Our friendship is no coincidence in life,
We shall stand together in spite of strife.
Short of words...
It was your birthday and time for fun,
What better time to celebrate life in a sojourn
I wished to get a gift for you,
Or maybe a card to express my love.

I searched for a little something
Just to express what was on my mind.
There was nothing however, I could find
That captured it in the right spirit.
How could I expect of someone else
To convey, just what I’d like to say
I thought I did pen it down myself,
I never knew it would be all so hard.
I close my eyes and see a person I adore
U’ve been beautiful, right into your soul
The caring nature shared with all you know
How do I portray all the love I have known?
The gentle temperament and the sweet smiles,
Your comforting sentiments that went miles,
The twinkle in your eyes that someday lit me,
Your laughs have brought many a sparkles.
Your words to soothe the flurry in my mind,
The way your gestures lighten my moods.
All the things bygone come flashing to me,
It’s been a nice journey all through the years.
All the wonderful qualities that you show
Mere words cannot sketch the picture of you...
I struggle and search in vain for words
To capture all it is, that makes you.
I wish you see just what I feel,
Words I write can merely hope to express
Our friendship is no coincidence in life,
We shall stand together in spite of strife.

2 Comments:
u r amazing Manya!!!
By
Anonymous, at March 21, 2006 10:24 am
thanks a lot manya!!!
what the hell r u doing in a software industry!!!
or is it this software industry that's giving u so much inspiration and time to think and write these wonderful lines???
maan! i liked it!
seriously!!!
By
Hari, at April 24, 2006 1:09 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home